Alexander Schaber wrote:
Am Dienstag, 1. Januar 2008 04:44:11 schrieb Aaron Kulkis:
Randal Jarrett wrote:
I'm going to have to replace my old (6+ years) Toshiba that has a amd
450Mhz processor and
a whopping 20GB disk.

I'm looking for recommendations for a mid range ($1k - 1.5k) laptop that
is compatible with
Opensuse 10.3.
Anything HP.
I'd prefer a HP Business Notebook, for example the HP nx7400 (RU430ET), I got one of those and had not a single hardware or compability problem til today (using it heavily for nearly a year now).
Please, no flamefests!!

At my work we buy quite a few IBM/Lenovos which all seem to work pretty well, we've also had quite good experiences with HP and Toshiba machines. We've not been buying Sonys for quite some time because they used to be a right pain to get Linux running on. Perhaps we could reconsider that now.

Anna