On Sun January 13 2008 00:54:28 Basil Chupin wrote:
> >> Anyway, many thanks for your response and I have finally
> >>
> > > got OpenOffice to *print* a document!
> >
> > If this is typical for the latest versions of OO, I'm
> > surprised the code made it past the beta-test stage.
>
>  From the responses you would have read here, this is not 'typical'
> for the latest version of OO to behave - BUT I have to add that only
> today I updated my 10.3 system (which included the latest OO
> upgrades) and I *STILL* cannot print a (*.odt) document.

I usually have no problems printing OOo documents, but I find the
options offered by the print tool very limited compared with Kprinter.
For this reason, this is what I do with every new openSuse install:

To send print jobs through “Kprinter”,
run “/usr/lib/ooo-2.0/program/spadmin” in the command line, add a “New
printer”, “Connect a PDF converter”, using the default driver, and
use “kprinter” as the appropriate command and name of the printer.
Finally, set this new printer as the default printer.

From then on, I always send print jobs to this "new printer" Kprinter,
which then opens kprinter and allows me to resize, print 2 pages in 1,
adjust colour, etc.

--
Carlos FL
 "It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.  By