Kai Ponte wrote:
> On Mon, January 14, 2008 5:10 pm, Joe Sloan wrote:
>> PerfectReign wrote:

>>> Joe, that would be very cool. I hadn't heard of it prior.  I just
>>> tried downloading it, however, to test on a project file I just
>>> updated.  Unfortunately, I got a nasty Java error. I ran it from the
>>> cli as superuser to see what the error was...
>>>
>>> jabba:/home/kai # openproj
>>> Java auto-detection...
>>> Checking /usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin/java
>>>     Java version: 1.5.0_13 OK
>>>     Java implementation: Java(TM) OK
>>> Java OK
>>> Could not create the Java virtual machine.
>>
>> I get an error but it starts up and runs - see attached screenshot -
>> BTW
>> I'm running 10.3 32 bit on a real machine.
>
> Grrr...I got the same message on another machine (32-bit not VMWare)
> I'm running....
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/Desktop> openproj
> Java auto-detection...
> Checking /usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin/java
>      Java version: 1.6.0_03 OK
>      Java implementation: Java(TM) OK
>  Java OK
>  Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Is is possible to point openproj to java 1.5 on your system?

It's puzzling to see your errors, since it's always worked for me - at
linuxworld, where they were demoing it on ubuntu workstations for all to
try, and on my own machines running suse 10.2 and 10.3. So, I'm making
educated guesses when I suggest using a version of java that's always
worked for me...

Joe