Ken Schneider wrote:
Basil Chupin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
jdd wrote:
Basil Chupin a écrit :

Then you are not 'playing the game', are you?
yes, he do
How?

"But i didnt burn to cd and try that way".

The whole idea of making an ISO file available for the plebs to
download IS to have them download it and normally burn it to a CD! :-)
virtual bos and vmware can moiunt an iso image as a cd/dvd, so ite's
identical.
Why don't you ask how many of the people in this forum are using
"virtual bos" (whatever that it is) and "vmware"?

You want thousands of people replying to this post?

I really don't care, Ken, how many persons reply. This forum is not controlled by 'anal-retentives', and as many who wish to reply are allowed to do so. You know that as well.

 I have used
VirtualBox for a couple of months having switched from VMware.

Congratulations on using VirtualBox for so long - but I haven't got the foggiest what VirtualBox is. (Is it a feature on some porno. site for frustrated males like blow-up dolls?)

VMware I am aware of but, as many thousands of others I am sure, I do not have it installed because it costs an arm and a leg to purchase.

 And you
have been on this list long enough to know what VMware is, no?

See above - I aware of VMware.

 In any
case you know what Google does so use it.

And what if a person doesn't give a tinker's cuss about "Google"? (I - and others - don't use "Google".)

The world doesn't revolve around "Google".

I use this forum (opensuse@opensuse.org) for a good reason, have done so for some time as you intimate, and I like to think that if I have a query, and ask for an answer to it here, then I would get a sensible and reasonable response.

I ran a couple of BBSs back in late '80s/early '90s and so have had to investigate and then answer some "interesting" (for want of a better expression) questions about the problems users were having accessing the BBSs (eg, "My setup is OK and it is the BBS which is causing my problems!")

If I ask a question in this forum, I would have checked out, beforehand, to the best of my ability, the answer to my question/query. (OK, occasionally, out of laziness, I fail to do a proper check and stuff up :-( .)

Ciao.

- Past experience, if not forgotten, is a guide for the future.