Eberhard Roloff wrote:
Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 18:35 +0100, Philippe Landau wrote:
Maura Edelweiss Monville wrote:
Since I have to use MS Office every
now and then I would consider to run alternatively Windows and SuSE through WMware. Now I run MS Office
through CrossOveR.
Is WMware stable  and reliable ?
Yes, others recommend VirtualBox though (free too).
Or if it is just for that: Crossover Office, which is not free.
Which one is easier to install and backup ?

I do all my work in OO and to send it I save as MS office. If it is a
complicated stuff or a presentation I do a quick check with MS running
under crossover. Crossover works great with word, excel and pp. If you
want outlook or access it will not work.

Just to save some expenses:

I "save as" MS Office, from OOorg, as you do.

However, For the "quick check" whether my documents will look ok with MS, I use wine and the Microsoft Office Viewers for Word, Excel and Powerpoint.

As least they were made by Microsoft for people who still do not have MS-Office on their machines. ;-))

They work great with wine (At least the versions up to Office 2003 do) and best of all:
They are free (as in beer) and

I do not need to buy crossover or MS Office or a Windows License for a virtual machine.

I also used outlook 2003 with wine connecting to an Exchange Server on SuSE 10.1, I believe.

So wine is

Wher are they to be found for free ?.

--
Venlig hilsen - Best regards - Erik Jakobsen
Licensed HAM-RADIO with the callsign OZ4KK