I am trying to figure out if the video issues I am having are related
to some odd thing about my new install of 10.3 or if my video card is
dying.

Some of the symptoms of the problem are:

 - MythTV running on an LCD TV as a second desktop can no longer
autoscale the MythTV UI (after updating to 10.3), and will only run at
the resolution of the TFT monitor (instead of the resolution of the
LCD).  I have been able to get it working at the right resolution for
the LCD by setting the UI scale manually in the MythTV options.  I am
using the exact same version of MythTV with the same database and
configuration as I did under 10.2 where it worked perfectly (I backed
up all the data and settings before updating to 10.3).

 - MPlayer cannot fullscreen properly on the LCD TV using the default
configuration.  If I force MPlayer to use the x11 video mode instead
of the default xv, I can get full screen to work on the LCD, but not
on the TFT.

 - When I play a video on the TFT (instead of the LCD, and using the
x11 video setting) sometimes after starting the video, the screen
flashes and then "dims"  The video may or may not be viewable at this
point.  The dimming of the entire screen is similar to what you see on
some websites lately where they fade the page to a dark grey and the
video or whatever is shown in a box "floating" on top of the webpage.
If the screen is dimmed in this manner, the only way I have found to
reset it back to normal is to log out (restarting X) and log back in
again.

 - Full screen OpenGL games - for example World of Warcraft running in
Cedega - will work OK for a while, but then the textures in the game
start to "fall off" (I don't know how else to explain this one).  I
have not tested long term on Linux native games... only a couple of
games in Cedega that were working previously.

I am using one driver version newer of the video driver, and the exact
same xorg.conf file as I was using in 10.2.

Do these things sound like nVidia driver and X config issues or a
video card in the first stages of dying?

C.