I was trying to get AVG anti virus installed and try it on Suse as I was
used to it on the left behind windows (Vista was it! No more
microsoft!). One had to download a tarball to go with it or it wouldn't
work. Don't ask what the name of the tarball. That was in the Fedora
distro I tried for about a week and ever true to style, I've forgotten
it. It was a tar.gz, however. Thanks for the answers. I can figure it
out now if I have to. This brings up another question. Does Suse have
some sort of security other than firewalls? I haven't seen any great
importance on anti virus/spyware programs. Thanks all. I appreciate the
friendliness and direct answers. 10 years ago when I tried it for a good
while, I couldn't get that many answers. I got a lot of people who
thought they were superior because I didn't know something. That could
be another reason people aren't using linux.  A few slaps in the face
will drive people in droves back to windows. I suspect that happened.
Well, I heard it had changed, it has, and I truly appreciate it.  John