I keep an XP-Pro machine at home, specifically to connect to my
workstations at the office, so I can "remote desktop" to them and work
at home from time to time.  I'd _really_ like to be able to retask that
machine to a more useful (Linux) purpose.  I already know that the KDE4
rdp client works great within my own domain at home, so I investigated
the KDE client for setting up a VPN connection, KVpnc.

On the XP machine, of course, all I've ever needed to do is provide the
IP address of our VPN portal, and it's just worked.  When I tried using
KVpnc, it attempts to connect, but after a short timeout, I'm told that
the modem on the other end has disconnected.  I know that I'm providing
the appropriate domain name, IP address, user name and password, but
there are other possible settings, and using all the defaults hasn't
worked for me so far.

Has anyone here successfully connected to a corporate NT domain using
KVpnc?  Other than providing the correct authentication info, did you
need to change any of the other settings away from the defaults?

Any help with this will be appreciated!  I'd just ask our IT folks about
it, but being a Windows shop, they may know little about Linux, and may
even harbor unrealistic fears about connecting to the domain using a
"nonstandard" machine.  Better if I can just make it work, and it never
becomes an issue.