> If I check in the BIOS, all drives connected to the motherboard SATA
> ports are detected correctly.
>
> Three of the drives are connected to the motherboard on SATA 1, SATA 2
> and SATA 3.  SATA 4 is empty.  Two of the drives are connected to the
> SATA1 RAID card (and are working and mounted correctly).  The IDE
> drives are on ODE0 (and work fine).
>
> When I boot 10.3 to install, one drive on the motherboard connectors
> is not found.  A clean install of 10.3, and the missing drive is still
> not found.  If I start up the YAST partitioner tool, it only sees 6
> SATA drives (2xPATA, 2xSATA on the motherboard and 2x SATA on the RAID
> card).  The missing drive is identical to the one on /dev/sdd.

I have been doing some more troubleshooting on this problem.  I
swapped the drive connections around, putting SATA drives on the
SATA1, 2, 3, and 4 connectors on the motherboard and just one drive on
the SATA1 RAID card.  The BIOS finds all 4 drives on the onboard SATA
controller.  SUSE cannot find the drives on SATA 3 and 4 though.

Is it possible/likely that the SATA RAID card is interfering with the
onboard SATA controller?  This is about the only thing I can think of
right now that would cause this behaviour... anyone have any ideas on
this?