Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Wednesday 2008-01-23 at 15:57 +0200, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
>
>> Looking at the Alt-Ctrl-F10 tty I see that anavis is warning that 'all
>> primary virus scanners failed, considering backups'
>
> It only means that you don't have an antivirus installed. Once you
> install any one, amavis will detect and use it. Or don't install any,
> and disable antivirus checking:

Most strange since I have both amavis and clamav installed.?? Although
Linux 'doesn't' get virii, I am receiving mail from Windows boxes and
would like to check the stuff before I send it on to more windows boxes.

What next, un-install and then reinstall amavis and clamav and anything
else to do with virii i.e. ignoring the dependency warnings and
continuing as the dependencies will be met when the app is re-installed?

> @bypass_virus_checks_maps = (1);  # controls running of anti-virus code

And it can be accessed how as 'man' has not heard of it and
etc/sysconfig hasn't either?

Regards
Hylton