Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Friday 2008-01-25 at 18:06 +0200, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:

>>> It only means that you don't have an antivirus installed. Once you
>>> install any one, amavis will detect and use it. Or don't install any,
>>> and disable antivirus checking:
>>
>> Most strange since I have both amavis and clamav installed.??
>
> Strange indeed.

I must make a correction to the above. Due to some issues on the suse
update server, which did not able me to use Add/Remove Software, The
software I had installed was amavisd-new and clamav. I have just added
antivir and the messages seem to have stepped on the F10 tty. :)

>> What next, un-install and then reinstall amavis and clamav and anything
>> else to do with virii i.e. ignoring the dependency warnings and
>> continuing as the dependencies will be met when the app is re-installed?
>
> Possible... but I don't know if that would work. I think not.
>
>>> @bypass_virus_checks_maps = (1);  # controls running of anti-virus code
>>
>> And it can be accessed how as 'man' has not heard of it and
>> etc/sysconfig hasn't either?
>
> amavis-new has no man page; there is
> /usr/share/doc/packages/amavisd-new/README_FILES/amavisd-new-docs.html,
> but the configuration file is "/etc/amavisd.conf".

Tnx for this. I've stored it away.

Hylton