The following is a response to me from Lightscribe. There is some hope yet..............

Fred

Hello Fred,

Thank you for your request for help.

LightScribe is just starting support for Linux, and we apologize for the limited support.

At this point, the only applications available for Linux are the LightScribe Simple Labeler and LaCie 4L. LightScribe has released a public SDK for Linux and would really like to see some Linux developers pick up and use our SDK and start creating some labeling applications. Again, I apologize for the limited support.

If you have further questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this message.

Best Regards,
John Matthews

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.