Will Stephenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 January 2008 06:11:01 John E. Perry wrote:
>> Thanks, Hans Petter.  I hope the KDE people get their power management
>> act together soon, even though the gnome power manager appears to work
>> fine under KDE, and I don't really see a need to go back.
>
> I can't find the root of this thread, but did you report a bug to us (the KDE
> people at Novell)  Since Danny, the author of KPowerSave, works here the
> lines of communication are pretty short and hence bugs are easy to fix.

OK, Will,

Since I don't know how often you monitor the list, I'm sending a copy to
you personally to be sure it gets there quickly.

The thread started back in September or October when I commented (I
believe during a different thread) that my kpowersave showed strange
values for time and % remaining -- things like 17 hours remaining, or
a few seconds, with the icon showing nearly full.

After some list discussion about configuration, and whether the battery
manager was sending the correct information to kpowersavemanager, and my
resistance to confronting hp about the problem (xp shows reasonable
values), Hans Petter suggested I try gnome-power-manager to see what it
said.

gpm works fine, gives reasonable values (like xp), and shows a nice
history of battery voltage and such.

I don't know what I could say in a bug report, though,  I guess I could
resurrect kpowersave and write down some values, but I have no idea how
to get to any original values from the battery controller.  Does
kpowermanager keep a log as gnome pm apparently does? How might I get to
either or both?

jp