Clayton wrote:
Has anyone encountered this before?  Could it be a hardware issue.. a
failing SATA controller on the motherboard, or is it some obscure
Linux thing?
Please look at bug 331610 (and vote for it, if you think it relates to your
problem).
I've looked at the bug, and voted for it.. it is essentially exactly
my problem.  I got a bit further than other people because I have IDE
drives in the mix.
How does my voting for this bug help though?  It is closed as
Fixed.... even though it appears that no one has seen a fix for it
yet...  how is this fix supposed to be applied since the problem is
there on the master ISO?

Tom Patton wrote:
Are you saying that it requires a separate driver cd and a total
re-install to cure the issue?