On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 15:43 +0100, Clayton wrote:
> I've posted a couple times about this with no replies yet....
> as anyone encountered this before?  Could it be a hardware issue.. a
> failing SATA controller on the motherboard, or is it some obscure
> Linux thing?
>

> C.
I can't add any meaningful info, but a month or so ago there were
several posts of issues with sata, including my case (an Asus A7V600
MB /w 2 sata drives).  The initial sluggish performance and the
resultant crash ate all the log messages and one drive.  I have not had
time to investigate or re-create the issue.  I am rather certain that it
happened after an online update, about 2 months after going from 10.2 to
10.3.  I do believe there is a grimlin lurking here, and not a hardware
issue. (My present config of 1 sata and 1 EIDE is fine).

Tom in NM