As opposed to the extra configuration to assign roles to packages and coordinate them
with the roles in web.xml? I really don't like the idea of putting security
information into xwork. If we pinned packages to URL paths, and protected the paths
using J2EE declarative security, you've only got security information in one place,
and it can be changed at deploy time (and even at run time, depending on your servlet
container).

> No, but the controller servlet can, I think. If the execution
> interceptor returns LOGIN, then the controller should be able
> to return
> headers that correspond to showing the log-in prompt, or one could
> simply have a view mapped to LOGIN that returns those
> headers. Or am I
> missing something?

Can this be done? I'm not sure... I think this would require container-specific code
for each container we support. I know doing things like logging out cannot be done via
the standard APIs, and you have to revert to container-specific code.

Jason