Jason Carreira wrote:
Why don't you just go ahead and tell us what you see as drawbacks for
this approach. Obviously if Patrick thought the drawbacks outweighed
the benefits then he wouldn't be endorsing it.

The only thing that is obvious is that the drawbacks Patrick *saw* did not outweigh the benefits. What I'm trying to figure out is what Patriack saw, because we have discussed this before, which is why I'm surprised by his turnaround.

So, please, Patrick answer the question as thoroughly as possible.

I'll explain my view after that.

regards,
  Rickard