Actually, I agree with Dick here - it _SHOULD_ be an empty String, not null.

The empty string indicates that the form was submitted with an empty value
in the text field - which is exactly what happened.

A null value indicates that the form was not submitted, or else the text
field did not exist on the form.

They are quite different things.

Mike

On 12/12/03 8:44 PM, "Dick Zetterberg" ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) penned the words: