From: Stecher, Alexander [mailto:a.stec...@openthinclient.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:49 PM
To: openthinclient-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [openthinclient-user] No automatic unmount of media in (S)ATA
optical drives?

Hello,

I have a DVD-Drive plugged with USB on the ThinClient, there are no problems.
I press the eject key and the CD comes out.

But to solve your problem, try to create a new application "command-line" with
parameter "sudo umount /dev/media/xyz"
Perhaps this can solve your problem.

Regards and good luck.

Alexander Stecher
Dipl.-Ing. (BA)
Telefon: +49 711 1378636-0
Handy: +49 151 2761 2961
mailto:a.stec...@openthinclient.com<mailto:a.stec...@openthinclient.com>

openthinclient gmbh, Heilbronner Straße 150, 70191 Stuttgart, Deutschland
Amtsgericht Stuttgart: HRB 245 177; USt-ID: DE216017092
Geschäftsführer: Alexander Stecher, Martin Kreiner
http://openthinclient.com

2011/4/27 Peus, Christoph
<christoph.p...@uni-wh.de<mailto:christoph.p...@uni-wh.de>>
Hi everybody,

I'm in the process of testing OTC 1.0 and experienced a problem with
optical media, which would be a showstopper for using OTC in our
environment: When a cdrom is inserted in a local (S)ATA optical drive,
it's mounted automatically (nice!) but cannot be ejected by the user(!).
The only chance to get the disk out of the drive seems to be a reboot of
the ThinClient.
Can you confirm this behaviour? (Is someone working on a solution
already?)
Which daemon/mechanism mounts the disk automatically when
inserted? (supermount or autofs should do the job.)

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Christoph

Private Universität Witten/Herdecke gGmbH
Alfred-Herrhausen-Straße 50
D - 58448 Witten

Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Ök. Michael Anders, Prof. Dr. med. Martin Butzlaff

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Witten
Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Bochum Nr. HRB 8671
http://p.sf.net/sfu/whatsupgold-sd