Dear Justin,

for questions according to the vmware client ask the developer or thier
mailinglist. I'm not involved with this. We just build packages for our
software.

If you're planing to update otc-packages you do not need to stop the
service or something like this.
But be carfull if you update or remove existing packages. Running Clients
have mounted this packages (thier squashfs-files) an will loose the mount.

Regards, Jörn

--
Jörn Frenzel

   Development and Support