A corruption in the database should be easy to find. Have you bumped up the logging level to see which SQL fails when you kick off the task? That would make it easier to pinpoint what is going wrong.

On 5/25/2016 5:06 AM, tato...@free.fr wrote:
Thank you Tyler for the reply, but unfortunately this is workaround, not a
solution suitable for production uses.
If OpenVAS cannot run properly without corrupting it's database regularly
-especially on a fresh new install system- then it means this application is
really just in a beta testing version, which I find hard to believe considering
it's history.

My experience with this is just a disaster for now and without any fix or at
least understanding of this problem,  I will have to switch to  another
solution, most likely Nessus.

Which is really bad because I like the GSA frontend, and the fact OpenVAS is
open source.

Again for such a critical problem (it can hit you any time as soon as you have
a somehow active usage of it and permanentely corrupt your data), I don't
understand how come the developers are not interested in looking at it.

Best regards,

----- Mail original -----
De: "Tyler Sable" <tsa...@epic.com>
À: openvas-discuss@wald.intevation.org
Envoyé: Mardi 24 Mai 2016 20:57:44
Objet: Re: [Openvas-discuss] openvasmd regular tasks.db corruption issue

I don't have any knowledge or suggestions for preventing this corruption... but
you could do daily database backups.

Restoring from a night-old backup would be a lot less disruptive than losing
all your data.

Even something this easy could be helpful:
echo ".dump" | sqlite3 tasks.db > tasks-backup.sql

The corresponding restore would look like this
mv tasks.db tasks.db.old
sqlite3 tasks.db < tasks-backup.sql

Obviously you should try a backup and restore before counting on it.

Hope this helps!