Hi,

OpenVAS can fullfill PCI DSS requirements for internal scanning *). For
external scanning ASV certified solution is required **). It's not about
software,
it's about certification and verified solution.

Any other questions?

*) note:

pci dss:

11.2.3.c Validate that the scan was performed by a qualified
internal resource(s) or qualified external third party and if  applicable,
organizational independence of the
tester exists (not required to be a QSA or ASV)

**)
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/assessors_and_solutions/approved_scanning_vendors

--
Eero