Hello developers,

Tried to setup a vpn with a friend today.
The box ist running NetBSD 1.5.2.
But when I tried to start the openvpn with "ifconfig 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.1" in
my config file I've got the error
"Sorry, but I don't know how to do 'ifconfig'
commands on this operating system. You should ifconfig your tun/tap device
manually or use an --up script."

The --up thing didn't woked. I tried "--up ifconfig 10.0.0.2
10.0.0.2". I don't know why but it always did:
4: tun/tap device /dev/tun1 opened
5: ifconfig tun1 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.1 tun1 1300 1344

After some testings I've decided to try the OpenBSD ifconfig code in tun.c
since the syntax is similar for such simple operations.
I replaced the message about unknown ifconfig with this code and it
worked without any problems.
It's quick and dirty, but if there is interest in a NetBSD port then
I will add it properly.

Greets,
        Dimitri
--
"A towel is about the most massively useful
 thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have." -- Hitchicker's Guide

Fingerprint: 3AA9 1264 51AA 0BB5 EB29  A6E3 9648 F42A 3A26 4EA8