Hi Dimitri,

Yes, it would be great if you would like to do a NetBSD port.  I imagine it
would be pretty straightforward, given the existence of FreeBSD, OpenBSD,
and Mac OS X ports.

The "PORTS" file has a nice rundown on making a clean port, with some points
on testing to make sure all the major features work correctly.

Best Regards,
James

> Hello developers,
>
> Tried to setup a vpn with a friend today.
> The box ist running NetBSD 1.5.2.
> But when I tried to start the openvpn with "ifconfig 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.1" in
> my config file I've got the error
> "Sorry, but I don't know how to do 'ifconfig'
> commands on this operating system. You should ifconfig your tun/tap device
> manually or use an --up script."
>
> The --up thing didn't woked. I tried "--up ifconfig 10.0.0.2
> 10.0.0.2". I don't know why but it always did:
> 4: tun/tap device /dev/tun1 opened
> 5: ifconfig tun1 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.1 tun1 1300 1344
>
> After some testings I've decided to try the OpenBSD ifconfig code in tun.c
> since the syntax is similar for such simple operations.
> I replaced the message about unknown ifconfig with this code and it
> worked without any problems.
> It's quick and dirty, but if there is interest in a NetBSD port then
I will add it properly.