On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 05:53:07AM -0000, James Yonan wrote:
> I'm forwarding this discussion of an interesting feature request.  Namely,
> could (and should) OpenVPN have a channel bonding capability, where more than
> one UDP connection over different paths is used to connect two peers, and
> OpenVPN does channel bonding, load balancing, and failover among the
> connections?  Or does this function not belong in OpenVPN since it is
> functionally distinct from the role of network security and tunneling and
> could be implemented as a module or driver apart from OpenVPN?

Hi all,

IMHO this feature would be out of OpenVPN's scope, just as QoS or
firewalling are. It'd add (talking from my ignorant-and-no-developer
point of view) lots of complexity, and we know complexity and bugs
travel in the same ship :)
This can be achieved in both Linux and FreeBSD, it's not easy but it's
possible.
Let each tool do its job, and only that.

--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta       | They that give up essential liberty
agi@(agi.as|debian.org)        | to obtain a little temporary safety

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3