You can mix software and hardware based in one installation.
If you are going to use Linux, I recommend you use one of the OpenSC
supported cards.

On 5/16/07, sithg...@stud.uni-erlangen.de <sithg...@stud.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
Hello,
I am incredible interested in the smartcard authentication for OpenVPN.
Can anyone suggest a USB Token to me that isn't that expansive. I need
around 10 of them which are available in Europe. Is it possible to have
some private keys on a smartcard and others on disk in a multi instance
OpenVPN server? I guess so, but want to get sure.

        Thomas