> > I've found that someone has actually implemented OCSP for
> OpenVPN[1].
> > Is there any specific reason that this hasn't been merged?
> >
> > 1: http://www.block64.net/
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't know why the OCSP support is not included in the main source
> of OpenVPN (i need to update the patch for the rc7), but i know
> something:
>
> - if your CRL (in flat file) is not up2date your OpenVPN will
> not crash
> - if you decide to use OCSP server with OpenVPN (and my
> patch) and if
> your OCSP server crash, your OpenVPN  will be block.
>
> For my experience, I build Two OCSPd behind LVS and i bypass this
> problem.
>
> What do you think about that ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Davy

I use it and like it, and in the builds that I have published for OpenWRT, I
have included that patch.

I don't understand Davy's first point, but to his second, I do wish that the
openvpn could be made to fall back to a local CRL when the ocspd server
cannot be reached.  I have had this happen before, and effectively the vpn
was shut down.  Then again, from a security standpoint, that's probably a
good thing....  Anyway, wish there was at least an option to have a local
crl file fallback.

-Dave