On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 12:00:49PM +0300, Samuli Seppänen wrote:

> - write packaging instructions to our Trac wiki
> (https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki)
> - convert the instructions into BuildBot code (BuildSteps)
>
> After this is done, we can provide the latest version of OpenVPN for
> various platforms with minimal manual effort. This helps developers as
> well as users: having the development code in wider circulation helps
> spot problems faster resulting in faster release cycle.

I am a Fedora package maintainer, but not one of OpenVPN. I CC'ed them
in case they did not notice this.

The Fedora package scripts are currently available here:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/openvpn/devel/

In the not so far future this URL will not be valid, because Fedora
switches to git.

Packages for Fedora are usually build within a chroot using a helper
tool called mock[0] and I do not know how well it works on other
distributions except Fedora or RHEL/CentOS. There are also scripts
developed to easily build new rpms from SCM and afaik currently only git
is supported (I do not know what OpenVPN currently uses, but I suspect
it's SVN):
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-packager/ticket/8

Adding support for SVN or other SCMs should not be that hard. I will try
to write something up how to put all this together to easily build new
OpenVPN Packages for Fedora using a SCM checkout.

Regards
Till

[0] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock