Yes those files were TCP sockets, and I was using "--proto tcp" option. I
did not observe this issue for UDP, because it is connectionless protocol.

But the bad thing is that OpenVPN did not recover even after I killed all
those 1200 clients and OpenVPN server continued to consume CPU at 100%
(because ep_poll() returned immediately and was infinitely looping), while
network load was 0. It would be nice that OpenVPN would be able to recover
after all VPN clients are killed in TCP mode.

Ansis Atteka