Hi,

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 01:53:45PM +0200, David Sommerseth wrote:
> Considering that the last Linux 2.2 update was released 25-Feb-2004
> and the first Linux 2.4 release came 04-Jan-2001, there are no
> reasonable reasons to help users to stay on outdated kernels.
> I consider this extra code path just waste of bytes ... so lets make
> the world simpler.

Basically, I agree on the idea, but I think there's more that should
be thrown out...

#if defined(TARGET_LINUX)

#ifdef HAVE_LINUX_IF_TUN_H      /* New driver support */

#else

void
open_tun (const char *dev, const char *dev_type, const char *dev_node, struct tu
ntap *tt)
{
  open_tun_generic (dev, dev_type, dev_node, false, true, tt);
}

#endif /* HAVE_LINUX_IF_TUN_H */

/*
 * This can be removed in future
 * when all systems will use newer
 * linux-headers
 */
#ifndef TUNSETOWNER
#define TUNSETOWNER     _IOW('T', 204, int)
#endif
#ifndef TUNSETGROUP
#define TUNSETGROUP     _IOW('T', 206, int)
#endif

and of course...

#if LINUX_IPV6 == 0
  if ( tt->ipv6 )
    msg (M_WARN, "NOTE: explicit support for IPv6 tun devices is not provided fo
r this OS");
#endif

... so: consider this an ACK, but there's more to do :-)

Now, what did we agree was the oldest linux distribution that we wanted
to support?  Need to setup a VM with that, and then rip out stuff, and
verify that things still compile, ...

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de