On Friday 01 July 2011 16:12:52 Samuli Seppänen wrote:
> Discussed the domake-win (mingw) and Python-based buildsystems used on
> Windows:
>
> <https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/BuildingOnWindows>
>
> Agreed that the domake-win buildsystem will has some rough edges and it
> needs modernization. It was also agreed that it should be maintained
> even though official releases are now built with the Python-based
> buildsystem. Two primary motivations for this were cross-compiling and
> the ability to build OpenVPN on Windows without Visual Studio. Nobody
> volunteered to take the role of domake-win maintainer.

Have you guys considered autotools for building native WIN32 binaries in
cygwin? We use it for building openvpn itself. With a little effort one could
even build the driver, sign the binaries and create the installer using make
targets.

I'm not sure if that would be more convenient for the majority of the people
building openvpn for Windows, but it feels more like home to me. =)

Heiko
--
Heiko Hund | Software Engineer | Phone +49-721-25516-237 | Fax -200
Astaro GmbH & Co. KG | Amalienbadstraße 41/Bau 52 | 76227 Karlsruhe | Germany

Represented by the General Partner Astaro Verwaltungs GmbH
An der RaumFabrik 33a | 76227 Karlsruhe | Germany
Commercial Register: Mannheim HRB 708248 | Executive Board: Gert Hansen,
Markus Hennig, Jan Hichert, Günter Junk, Dr. Frank Nellissen