Hi,

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 07:29:47PM +0200, Heiko Hund wrote:
> Have you guys considered autotools for building native WIN32 binaries in
> cygwin? We use it for building openvpn itself. With a little effort one could
> even build the driver, sign the binaries and create the installer using make
> targets.

I haven't considered it yet, mostly because I don't know my way around
windows.  So, if I understand you right, you can use cygwin as a build
platform, but the resulting openvpn.exe will run on machines without
cygwin installed ("as for mingw-built openvpn.exe")?

That would be interesting, given that there seems to doubt regarding the
(long-term) community support behind mingw, and cygwin is traditionally
supported quite well.

And indeed, having all nicely included in the main make file would make
windows building a lot easier.

> I'm not sure if that would be more convenient for the majority of the people
> building openvpn for Windows, but it feels more like home to me. =)

I like msys/mingw - "bash.exe" :-)

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de