Hello Alon,

> Right. This is long existing feature, just that in Windows people
> expect to work using UI...

I don't expect a UI but usefull documentation.
management-notes.txt isn't even bundled with windows binaries :-(

I use openvpn since version 1 on windows and wasn't aware that the
management interface is working.
Why isn't there at least an example of how to use it?

For example Astaro has a windows client that seems to be not aware of
the management interface.

The guy who wrote http://openvpn.jowisoftware.de/ seems to don't
understand the management interface, too.
He uses the management interface for communication but than spawns
openvpn.exe itself instead of useing the windows service.

I would have deployed openvpn to ~300 employees, if users didn't need
admin privileges.

> Years back I wrote a simple .net to do to this...

Could you please share?
I found that openvpn.exe is extremly unstable on non perfectly friendly
behaving client ...
Now I use the Non-Sucking Service Manager ( http://nssm.cc/ ) instead of
openvpnserv.exe
to spawn openvpn.exe
It restarts openvpn.exe automatically if it's crashed.

Why is it possible to send "signal SIGTERM" to openvpn.exe via
management interface?
A client could "crash" openvpn on intention.

Why isn't a clear connect/disconnect semantic included?
"hold" and "signal SIGUSR1" ???!!?!?????

@openvpn officials:
If non-admin openvpn is working on windows I could have bought OpenVPN Access
Server instead of Cisco.
I wouldn't like to know how much money OpenVPN Technologies, Inc lost because
of the lack of good documentation.

Please please please release immediately a minimal command line client (connect,
disconnect, ask for username&password) with example server.conf & client.conf
People have to be aware that it's working!

greetings
Carsten