On Thursday 01 March 2012 10:40:51 Carsten Krüger wrote:
> >  If that works out, all that is needed is the service increasing the
> >  tokens integrity>
> > level before starting openvpn and the user will have limited access to the
> > running openvpn process.
>
> a) this didn't work, you can lower the level and but not higher

Did you try it? I hope that it doesn't work for a normal user. The service
should have sufficient rights to modify it I guess. Again these are only
assumptions. If you have practical experience please be more verbose.

> b) dll injection is ONE example of how a user can manipulate his own
> process. I'm no expert at hacking windows but you can trust me, it
> exists 1001 possibilities to do the same. You have no chance to block
> them.

I file that under FUD until you're more explicit.

Heiko
--
Heiko Hund | Software Engineer | Phone +49-721-25516-237 | Fax -200
Astaro a Sophos Company | Amalienbadstr. 41 Bau 52 | 76227 Karlsruhe | Germany

Represented by the General Partner Astaro Verwaltungs GmbH
Amalienbadstraße 41 Bau 52 | 76227 Karlsruhe | Germany
Commercial Register: Mannheim HRB 708248 | Executive Board: Gert Hansen,
Markus Hennig, Jan Hichert, Günter Junk, Dr. Frank Nellissen