Hi all,

I had a brief email discussion about the OpenVPN privilege separation
thing with James Yonan and realized that even after having read all
relevant emails a couple of times, I still had a fairly vague idea of
various approaches suggested here. So, to clarify my own thoughts (and
to hopefully help others) I wrote this Wiki page:

<https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/PrivilegeSeparation>

James proposed yet another alternative to handle the privilege
separation. It should not require OpenVPN code changes:

<https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/PrivilegeSeparation#GUIservice>

Also, he shared some thoughts about implementing the interactive service:

<https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/PrivilegeSeparation#Interactiveservice>

NOTE: the wiki page is incomplete and I may have omitted many important
things. Please fix them instead of complaining here :).

--
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager

irc freenode net: mattock