On 03/03/12 03:59, Gert Doering wrote:
> I would *love* to have that. And it's somewhere on my TODO list of
> things to implement in OpenVPN (multiple listening sockets in a single
> process).

Given the issue with the non-threaded nature of openvpn and the
bottlenecks that can cause under load, what's wrong with running
separate instances on multiple tcp and udp ports, and then using a
"--client-connect" script to return a unique IP to clients? We use that
so that all VPN users are always assigned "their" constant IP by mapping
an IP to the CN field - that also stops them using the same cert on >1
clients... (ie that's a feature for us - not a bug). Actually it doesn't
stop them using it on >1 clients - but it stops them running >1 clients
simultaneously :-)

With this, we have the luxury that every client always gets the same IP
- which makes asset management *much* easier and means you get
marvellous side-effects like I can be SSH-ed into a work machine at
home, suspend my laptop, go to another building and get an completely
different Internet address, and yet seconds later have openvpn
auto-reconnect to work and find my SSH session still works. So cool :-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +1 408 481 8171