Hi,

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 07:47:34AM -0400, Jonathan K. Bullard wrote:
> Thanks for this suggestion, David, but I believe it is better to create a
> separate routine for this:
>
>    1. The input is not a path, but a "command". A "command" is processed
>    (single- and double-quote and backslashes are processed and leading spaces
>    are removed), and it consists not only of a path, but may include
> arguments.
>    2. Having two separate functions makes two cleaner and more readable (to
>    me) functions, instead of a single function that accepts strings with two
>    different formats and is more complicated.
>
> The first attached patch incorporates Fabian's comments. But if the
> consensus is that I should incorporate David's suggestion, I will do that.
>
> The first patch also updates the usage message to clarify what a "cmd" is.
> (That is, it is *not* a shell script or path.)
>
> The second patch updates the man page to:

I'm fine with these changes (and I don't particularily mind if it's a
separate function or integrated in the other one - both arguments have
their merits).  So I'll ACK both, and leave it to David to NAK it if
he insists on "I want it integrated".

> Thanks again to Fabian, Gert, and David for their help.

Thanks for contributing :-) - there's only so much we can do, given
the amount of different scenarios where people are using OpenVPN, so
we can't test all of it...

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de