On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Adriaan de Jong <dej...@fox-it.com> wrote:
> [...]

Hello Andriaan,

Can you please explain what exactly is business? And what is
relationship between business and number of repositories? And why
business was split?

The only "build" system that was split was the windows PACKAGING which
is not the build system, as both the MSVC build system and the
autotools build system are part of the openvpn repository.

Now, is there any advantage in keeping the windows PACKAGING within
the same repository if its release cycle is totally atomic and
unrelated to openvpn maintenance? Can you please share some thought
with me, I really interested to understand how this lower
productivity?

Same for splitting out the tap-windows driver, I cannot think of any
single argument why this was needed to be within same repository of
openvpn, as it has its own version, release cycle and potential
maintainer. And there are other projects out there that needs only the
tap-windows, so providing own release cycle and installer only make it
more usable.

So before we discuss the benefit of splitting more component, I am
very interested to understand how current process went too far,
meaning productivity of the openvpn project maintenance was damaged.

Regards,
Alon.