Hi,

2012/5/10 David Sommerseth <openvpn.l...@topphemmelig.net>:
> On 10/05/12 16:50, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>> Why? plugin is adding a custom logic, and you need custom logic. As
>> I wrote it does not imply that you implement your JNI there.
>
> Okay ... fine ... there are plenty of big visions for a future version
> of OpenVPN, and it will become more modular, yes.  I think we all
> agree there.
>
> What is far more important now is the review the *current* patch, this
> review process have so far derailed completely.  Lets put this current
> discussion aside.  Later on we will discuss this how to modularise
> OpenVPN anyway.

To allow OpenVPN to be properly refactored afterwards, the important
part is probably to get the external interfaces correct (which never
works in practice, but it would be nice to get close...).

The main undecided points regarding the interface side of things appear to be:
* How to pass the fds back and forth: Special-case the management
  interface for unix domain sockets or use a dedicated unix domain
  socket for special operations. Could this potentially be the same
  interface that was discussed for some of the windows privilege
  separation approaches?
* How to call OpenVPN from Java. Via thin JNI wrapper or as a regular
  executable.
* The precise names of the newly introduced management commands.

Anything else?

Cheers
Fabian