On 17. nov. 2013 11:40, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just so it does not get lost: here are the microsoft pages about porting
> NDIS (miniport) drivers to NDIS 6.0
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff570025(v=vs.85).aspx
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff570059(v=vs.85).aspx
>
> so, looking for volunteers now :-)

Just to explain a bit further.  WinTAP is currently using the NDIS 5
API.  If we have understood this correctly, NDIS 5 is on "life support"
in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 - in the way NDIS 5 drivers are
running through and emulation layer.   And there is some expectations
that NDIS 5 support will disappear in Windows 8.2 and later.

It would be good if someone can consider to help out here, so we can get
an NDIS 6 port in place before NDIS 5 disappears from Windows.
Otherwise we might end up with a non-working Windows version of OpenVPN.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth