Hi,

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:29:28AM +0200, Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta wrote:
> There're already packages for PolarSSL in Debian (and thus, in Ubuntu).
> So I don't think there's need to maintain different ones.

What's Debian's stance on PolarSSL 1.2.x vs. 1.3.x?  This is something
that had me worried for a while, as they are plain incompatible - so
if we finally merge Steffan's patch for Polar 1.3.x support to git master,
different OpenVPN versions will require different PolarSSL versions as
well

  openvpn 2.3.x -> needs PolarSSL 1.2.x, will not build or run with 1.3.x
  openvpn 2.4.x -> needs PolarSSL 1.3.x, will not build or run with 1.2.x

(the decision to not-support PolarSSL 1.2.x in parallel to 1.3.x saves
OpenVPN a lot of #ifdefs in our code, but pushes the burden to the
distribution maintainers)

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de