Hi,

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 01:02:56PM +0200, Jan Just Keijser wrote:
> It's even possible to run openvpn without admin privileges and set
> routes this way!

singular route, unfortunlatey - while there is an option to advertise
specific routes ("192.168.0.0/24") in DHCP, as far as I understand, nobody
supports this - so all you can do is a default route...

> Before you get too excited: it does not seem to be possible to replace
> an existing default GW this way. the new 0.0.0.0 route has the metric of
> the tap-win32 adapter , which is better than that of a wifi adapter but
> worse (30 == higher) than that of a regular LAN Adapter (metric=10).
>
> Before I go any deeper into this: what does the rest think about setting
> routes on Windows this way? It could be a nice way to circumvent all
> kinds of "route add" problems.

Won't do IPv6, won't help us installing the /32 needed for "redirect-gateway",
and (if my assumption above is true) won't give us more specific routes.

So: nice finding, but not useful enough...

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de