Il 07/02/2018 21:58, David Sommerseth ha scritto:
> On 07/02/18 20:32, Илья Шипицин wrote:
>> After auth-token were introduced, when user press "Reconnect", it leads to
>> auth fail (saved password is forgotten), we run about 1000 users, nobody
>> complains.
>
> This is actually expected, I'd say - but smells like a bug on the server side
> authentication.
>
> Selva may correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of it when clicking
> "Reconnect", the local OpenVPN process which caches the auth-token is stopped
> and a new OpenVPN process is started.  The client should in this case ask for
> username/password again.  So in this case, the server side should treat this
> connection as a fresh connection with no initial state.
>
> The step of stopping the local client and starting a new and fresh one is
> definitely not a bad feature to have on clients.
>
>> It looks like nobody uses that button.
>>
>> So, I asked several users, they confirmed they do not use Reconnect.
>
> This is no good argument for me.  This is one specific setup with 1000 users.
> It would be more valuable with 50 different setups having 20 users each.  Your
> conclusion is based on a very homogeneous environment.

I agree. I also agree that the underlying problem should be fixed.

That said, Ilya's message was sent to both openvpn-users and
openvpn-devel and nobody has screamed "do not remove the Reconnect
button" :). The only additional thing we can do is post a message to the
forums. As usual, the only sure way to get feedback (read: complaints)
is to release the changes in an official build/installer.

--
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager

irc freenode net: mattock