Hi,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 4:21 AM, Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> Hi Selva,
>
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 09:17:58PM -0400, selva.n...@gmail.com wrote:
> > From: Selva Nair <selva.n...@gmail.com>
> >
> > Have the cryptoapicert option find the first matching certificate
> > in store that is valid at the present time. Currently the first
> > found item, even if expired, is returned.
>
> Are these two intended for master only or master+2.4?
>
> (I admit that I am too lazy right now to go and actually look at the
> surrounding code :-) - but with all the recent work wrt cryptoapi and
> external management key, I lost track which bits are considered "new
> goodies for master only")
>
> Functionality-wise this makes sense (feature-ACK), and it also makes
> sense for 2.4 - because "if there are two certificates, an expired and
> a valid one, and we take the expired one" smells very much like a bug
> to me :-)

Agree, this could qualify for 2.4. Anyway, the context is the same and
it applies/cherry-picks to 2.4 without issues.

Elsewhere in the code we only warn about expired certs (like those
read from a file) and continue with the connection to eventually end
up with the unhelpful "TLS key negotiation failed to complete. Check
your network..." error [*].  In that sense this is a regression. IMO, the client
should error out on invalid certs from other sources as well.

Selva