Il 19/06/2018 00:56, Jon Kunkee ha scritto:
>  Hi Gert,

>>> Is this still the target?
>>
>> No, we moved it to (tentatively) June 27th.  There was some sort of
>> major outage of Samuli's Infrastructure which took too much time to
>> fix.
>
> Ouch for Samuli.

Indeed, that delayed my other work for about one week. There is still
some cleanup work to do, but that can be delayed a bit if necessary.

So, I will rebuild our Windows build/test VMs this week. I hope to get
to that today actually. The test environment will include a HLK
Studio/Controller with one Windows Server 2016 client. That allows me to
build and sign anything I want, so releasing on 27th seems very
realistic right now.

> My motivation is simple: The Microsoft partner that asked for this port
> wants to know ASAP when it's released so they can tell people about it.
> That said, as long as I get the final release date to them promptly
> they can deal with whatever ends up happening.
>
> Thanks for the update!
>
>> The goal is to have the 3 ARM64 related PRs plus the version number PR
>> merged after a bit of smoketesting on other platforms
>
> Wonderful.
>
> Samuli, let me know if you think I can help.

Testing the signatures and the driver on ARM64 would be good. We don't
have any ARM64 Windows hardware at our disposal.

We don't have any tap-windows6 -specific tests at the moment, so I
generally just run the OpenVPN test suite against a bunch of OpenVPN 2.x
/ Access Server / Private Tunnel servers:

<https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn-windows-test.git>

The test suite does just basic ping testing, so it is just a smoketest.
But in the past we've exposed some tap-windows6 problems using such tests.

Given that tap-windows6 driver has seen lots of modifications having
more focused tests would be good. Any ideas what we should test and how?

--
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager

irc freenode net: mattock