Hi,

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 05:15:33PM +0000, Simon Rozman wrote:
> Stay tuned.

I am :-)

[..]
> IIRC, we agreed, I prepare documentation at OpenVPN Wiki. After it's
> published, remind me to URL it in the source code.

Works for me!

> > [ Tapctl funnies ]
>
> "tapctl list" lists all NICs found. Including the non-TAP ones. On my
> computer it shows 12, where I see only 2 in the Network Connections window.
> That's normal, as Windows have separate NICs for RAS: WAN, WAN IPv6, PPPoE,
> PPTP, L2TP, GRE, SSTP, etc. They all have silly names like "Local Area
> Connection* <n>" (note the asterisk in their name). They don't display
> elsewhere normally.

Ah.  This is very confusing.  I can see the benefit of a diagnostic utility
to tell me "show me *all* network adapters in the system!", but maybe it
should not be the default output of something called "*tap* ctl" :-)

> Don't delete them with "tapctl delete" - like the "list" command lists _all_
> interfaces, the "delete" can delete _any_ interface on your computer. Even
> with no TAP-Windows6 driver installed.
>
> On the other hand: "tapctl create" supports creating a TAP-Windows6
> interface only.
>
> Shall I limit the "tapctl list" and "tapctl delete" commands to the
> TAP-Windows6 interfaces too? The utility is called *tap*ctl after all.

Yes, this sounds like "less room for confusion, accidents and user
frustration".

"tapctl list" could grow a "--all" parameter to "really display all"
(including some sort of flaggin "this is is a tap adapter", maybe even
displaying the "tap901.sys" vs "root\\tap901.sys" difference), but
"delete" really should not touch not-ours interfaces.

thanks :)