Am 15.02.23 um 13:31 schrieb David Sommerseth:

OpenVPN 2.x is licensed under the GNU Public License v2.0 (GPL-2.0). This license has served us well in the past and we are not trying to change that.  However, changes in licenses of our dependencies put us in an unfortunate situation.

So a good amount of time has passed and we got a lot of positive feedback to the license agreement. We got 107 positive responses back contributors including a positive one from Fox IT that covers all Fox It employers and a positive one from OpenVPN Inc that cover all code that OpenVPN Inc owns. And big thanks to everyone who said yes so far.

With that we are down to a small number of people (10) that are still missing acknowledgment.

Note that the actions for the individual source are my opinion/suggestions.

- Jason A. Donenfeld <ja...@zx2c4.com>

  Has stated to me in a private IRC message that I should bothering him
  about this. Only negative reaction so far.

  * Support fingerprint authentication without CA certificate

  The original v1 patch of this has been significantly rewritten/changed
  by me. We need to check which parts of the v3 patch that of the
  original patch can be still attributed to Jason and rewrite that part
  unless we still get a positive reaction.

- James Bottomley <james.bottom...@hansenpartnership.com>

No response to my license email, however was active this year on the mailing list.

   * Add unit tests for engine keys
   * engine key support

   This commits are only relevant for OpenSSL 1.x and we can probably
   remove support for this feature again if James does not positively.

- Josh Cepek <josh.ce...@usa.net>

  No response at all to my emails. Commits were in 2013 and 2016

All seven commits look trivial to me. Need someone else to form an opinion if this can be seen as trivial in total or not.

- Guido Vranken <guidovran...@gmail.com>

  No response at all to my emails. Commit are in 2017.

  - 7 smallish commit, not sure if they are trivial. Best to try to
    reach this person
  - might be part of some security audit, need to double check if there
    are some strings attached to that.

- Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas <j...@wxcvbn.org>

  - raised the question if we can keep the OpenSSL license exception
    forever to keep LibreSSL support. I think that is reasonable to just
    keep the outdated exception even if it is just for a handful of
    people using OpenVPN with LibreSSL. When we drafted the mails we
    proposed to remove this because we overlooked LibreSSL.

   * Print time_t as long long and suseconds_t as long
        probably not trivial.
* Rest of the commits look very small and can probably classified as trivial

- Andris Kalnozols <and...@hpl.hp.com>

  Address bounces, could not find any alternative method of contacting
  this person. three commits:

* extract_x509_extension(): hide status message during normal operation.
    * Fix some typos in the man page.

        trivial

   * Do not upcase x509-username-field for mixed-case arguments.
      non-trivial needs more investigation.

- Mathieu GIANNECCHINI <mat.gi...@free.fr>

  Mail address bounces, could not find an alternative contact.
             --tls-export-cert option only

  One commit having the following feature:

"--tls-export-cert [directory] : Get peer cert in PEM format and store it \n" " in an openvpn temporary file in [directory]. Peer cert is \n" " stored before tls-verify script execution and deleted after.\n"

   We can remove the feature, it seems a corner case. If someone needs
   it can still be reimplemented.

- Holger Kummert <holger.kumm...@sophos.com>

  Reached out to other ex-Sophos employees, will try to contact him.

  One commit bordering on trivial.

- Markus Koetter <koet...@rrzn-hiwi.uni-hannover.de>

Email address bounces, found no alternative contact method. One commit in 2011

  Add extv3 X509 field support to --x509-username-field

  Needs --enable-x509-alt-username configure option to be enabled, not
  enabled by default.

- Vasily Kulikov <seg...@openwall.com>

  No response so far. Would be probably good to check for alternative
  email address

  One trivial commit and

  * Mac OS X Keychain management client

   contrib/keychain-mcd already removed since it had code quality issues.

   Code for management-external-cert still in OpenVPN, is not trivial

Arne