Am 15.02.23 um 13:31 schrieb David Sommerseth:

OpenVPN 2.x is licensed under the GNU Public License v2.0 (GPL-2.0). This license has served us well in the past and we are not trying to change that.  However, changes in licenses of our dependencies put us in an unfortunate situation.

Since the last update, we resolved the license approval for a number of contributors and are now down to just

Note that the actions for the individual source are my opinion/suggestions.

- Jason A. Donenfeld <ja...@zx2c4.com>

  - Patches to remove possible contribution on mailing list

- James Bottomley <james.bottom...@hansenpartnership.com>

No response to my license email, however was active this year on the mailing list.

    * Add unit tests for engine keys
    * engine key support

    This commits are only relevant for OpenSSL 1.x and we can probably
    remove support for this feature again if James does not positively.

- Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas <j...@wxcvbn.org>

   - raised the question if we can keep the OpenSSL license exception
     forever to keep LibreSSL support. I think that is reasonable to just
     keep the outdated exception even if it is just for a handful of
     people using OpenVPN with LibreSSL. When we drafted the mails we
     proposed to remove this because we overlooked LibreSSL.

    * Print time_t as long long and suseconds_t as long
        probably not trivial.
* Rest of the commits look very small and can probably classified as trivial

- Andris Kalnozols <and...@hpl.hp.com>

   Address bounces, could not find any alternative method of contacting
   this person. three commits:

* extract_x509_extension(): hide status message during normal operation.
     * Fix some typos in the man page.

        trivial

    * Do not upcase x509-username-field for mixed-case arguments.
       non-trivial needs more investigation.

- Mathieu GIANNECCHINI <mat.gi...@free.fr>

   Mail address bounces, could not find an alternative contact.
              --tls-export-cert option only

   One commit having the following feature:

"--tls-export-cert [directory] : Get peer cert in PEM format and store it \n" " in an openvpn temporary file in [directory]. Peer cert is \n" " stored before tls-verify script execution and deleted after.\n"

    We can remove the feature, it seems a corner case. If someone needs
    it can still be reimplemented.

Arne