Hi,

I have a Server with multiple IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. Only on one
specific address (IPv4 and IPv6) should the VPN UDP Server listen on.

My Server:
* Debian Jessie
* OpenVPN 2.3.4 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL]
[PKCS11] [MH] [IPv6] built on Dec  1 2014

I have figured out, that by specifying "proto udp6" and no "local"
argument OpenVPN becomes a DualStack Server but it listen on all
addresses the Server has. So that is not what I wanted.

By setting the "local" option, once or twice, I get always a fatal error
like the ones below. I can only set an IPv6 address after the "local"
statement but then OpenVPN only listen on that IPv6 and not on IPv4.
(Well this is somewhat expected.)
I have also tried the multihome option, but with no further luck. (I
have Linux debian Kernel 3.16)

***
RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: **some-host-dns-name**: Name or
service not known
Exiting due to fatal error
***
***
RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: **hosts-IPv4-address**: Address
family for hostname not supported
Exiting due to fatal error
***

So the question is, how is it possible that OpenVPN listens on a certain
IPv4 and IPv6 address at the same time?

Thank you