Hi David

Am 14.11.19 um 22:03 schrieb David Sommerseth:
But there are lots of blog posts on the
Interweb which is just plain wrong; unfortunately also too many posts on how
to setup a "secure" OpenVPN server (many which do fail badly here).

On the one hand this statement above and on the other hand what I have learned here in the thread are the reason to attach me again with a posting to this thread. However, I thought about doing this for some time.

I've been using OpenVPN very successfully for over 10 years. And some years ago, with my switch to Linux, I became a big fan of 'Free Software' and finally a bigger fan of 'Free Knowledge'. That was at some point the reason to describe my own OpenVPN setup ... but not as an uncommented sequence of commands, but supplemented with comprehensive background knowledge. I don't advertise my site, but it is still found by many people ... and apparently there is a real interest in understanding contexts

And now I hope, I didn't make the same mistake you mentioned above. This is my setup, with explanations about why, how, what, with what, with what goal, with limits, risks and benefits: http://www.thlu.de/openvpn.html

Thank yo again for your help.

Best Regard
Tom